Differences of Tour Operators and fade Agents
Tour Operators & proceed Agents are different in Malaysia! And the public have had the disagreeable perception for long time. In Malaysia, Tour Operators and depart Agents are different and play different roles. In a factory scenario, a Tour Operator is like the production department and the move Agent is like the Sales Department…
A Tour Operator is the organizer and provider of package holidays. It is often referred as the Ground Handler. The Tour Company will produce contracts with hotels and resorts, airlines and ground transport companies like private cars, buses, vans, ferries and trains & etc. With all the principal pricing and information compiled, the Tour Operator will draft detailed tour packages and distribute to fade Agents in proceed Agent Directory in Malaysia and even overseas.
The roles & responsibilities of a Tour Operator are booking and arranging:
- Transportation: Chaffered Car, Chartered Bus & Van, Air stamp, allege note, Ferry notice, waft heed, other transit modes and even special vehicles like trishaw.
- Tour Guide: All Tour Guides must be licensed by the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia after attending and examined in a professional Tourist Guide Courses.
- perceive Seeing: Entrance for tourist destinations, eco-tour, adventures tour, jungle trekking, snorkeling & scuba diving, island hopping and even handicraft or cultural & living experiences.
- Food & Beverage: Breakfast, Tea Time or Tea shatter, Lunch & Dinner, whether by region, buffet or packed food.
- Accommodation: Hotels, Resorts, Service Apartments, Camping Sites, Dormitories, Training Camps, Chalets, Tree Houses or ragged houses & habitats that accommodating travelers.
- Activities: Tele-match, appreciate hunt, paint ball, team building, outside office meeting…
- Special Events: Company dinner, karaoke contest.
On the other hand, depart Agents do not operate tours. recede agencies gives traveling advices to travelers, promote and sell the tour packages that they have from various Tour Operators, then administer the tour bookings. proceed Agents usually are place up in prime locations with heavy traffic such as beside the main roads, inside crowed shopping malls or at the ground floor of a landmark building.
The roles & responsibilities of a fade Agent are:
- Selling ells go related products and services, particularly package tours to end-user customers on behalf of third party move suppliers, such as airlines, hotels, tour operator and tour companies, and skim lines & etc.
- Most move agents have a special department devoted to proceed arrangements for business travelers, while some agencies specialize in commercial and business travelers.
- Some also aid as general service agents for foreign go companies in different countries.
- Act as an agent for tour packages:
- win tour packages or tour services at discounts & sell with profits.
- catch commissions from suppliers & other tour companies.
- Act as a ticketing agent for transportation (e.g. airlines, ferry, bus, allege & etc) .
- Other commercial operations are undertaken: insurance, go guides, car rental, Bureau de change, private tour guide & etc.
- Offer fair go advice to the customer.
Next time, if you traveling in little group less than 10 travelers, it is advisable to buy a depart Agent. Do not try to get the best go agent in Malaysia. There is no such narrative! impartial go with the move agent that suit your traveling needs and budgets or the tour agent that you trusted the most. However, if you are organizing a group tour like company tour, a Tour Operator will be able to provide you a more noble tailor-made service.
The above information are guidelines and advices that 88Holidays provided to its Corporate Clients in organizing group tour. It is simple but useful information to encourage organizing a successful company tour with many years experiences.People search : tour operators